The key to overall health
Prevention! It’s just common sense and the key to overall health!
Prevention is why we visit the doctor and dentist regularly, even when we think we’re doing great. And occasionally those regular check-ups reveal problems that can be addressed because they were discovered early.
Unfortunately, we don’t always give our precious and amazing eyes the same consideration that we give the rest of our body. We may not realize that regular eye exams are an important part of taking good care of ourselves.
Why are regular eye exams necessary?
Aside from testing your vision and prescribing glasses and contacts, here are a few of the reasons you should have regular schedule an eye exam:
- To treat your changing vision issues, especially as you age
- To prevent loss of vision
- To discuss age-related issues, such as driving at night
- To detect any vision problems that have no obvious signs or symptoms
- To diagnosis and treat problems such as cataracts and glaucoma as early as possible
- To detect chronic diseases such as high blood pressure and diabetes
What do adult vision exams usually include?
A comprehensive eye exam should include a thorough testing of all aspects of your vision and eye health. Depending on individual results, your doctor can recommend the appropriate treatment plan. A comprehensive adult eye and vision exam usually includes:
- Glasses or contact lens prescription testing
- Vision testing
- Detailed health history
- Glaucoma, cataract and diabetes check
- Dilated retinal exam
Adults should have their eyes tested to check for vision changes and early signs of eye disease. Regular eye exams by a professional are also important for children to ensure that their eyes are developing and functioning properly as they grow.
From glasses and contacts to vision therapy and LASIK corrective vision surgery – it all starts with your regular preventive exam.
At the Eye & Lasik Center, we offer the latest in cataract surgery, LASIK vision correction surgery and glaucoma management.
Request a consultation
Call us at (888) 296-0106 and request a consultation, today! We look forward to helping you with all of your vision needs…including the newest trends in contact lenses and the most stylish of frames!